joi, 13 iunie 2013

To Know Him Is to Love Him (SOTD)


To Know Him Is to Love Him - David Gilmour and Roger Waters Reunite at Tiny Charity Gig
de pe rolling stone The event wasn't meant to be captured on film. "Roger banned all recording equipment," Gilmour told Rolling Stone in 2011. "But I brought my own camera and told a guy, 'Just press that button on at the beginning and off again at the end.' Afterward, I told Roger I filmed it and he said, 'Fantastic!' And I didn't say, 'Well, you wouldn't fucking allow me to have a halfway-decent camera up here.' But, no, we had a great time. We got fairly pissed drunk afterward for a few hours. Then he goes his way and I go mine."
The surprise reunion set Pink Floyd fans into a frenzy. What did "possibly beginning" mean? Which Wall show would feature Gilmour? Might this lead to an actual Pink Floyd reunion? The following May, Gilmour played guitar on "Comfortably Numb" at London's 02 arena, and then came back out with Floyd drummer Nick Mason for "Outside the Wall."
Sadly, it was the closest thing to a Pink Floyd reunion possible these days after the death of keyboardist Richard Wright in 2008. Waters is still on his endless Wall tour, but any sort of Floyd reunion besides some sort of charity one-off seems very unlikely. "I understand how other people want that sort of thing to happen," Gilmour said in 2011. "But I'm entirely selfish in thinking that I want to enjoy my declining years exactly the way that I want to do it. And that wouldn't be part of it."



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu